Saturday, October 19, 2013

My October BCA Manicure

It's already October and almost time to think of a cool Halloween manicure. However, October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I usually try to do some kind of pink themed manicure to honor the women I know who have been through the ordeal of dealing with breast cancer.  This is what I came up with for 2013:

Left Hand
 
 
 Right Hand

The pale pink base coat is SensatioNail gel Pink Chiffon. I like using the gel polishes as base coats because I find they give my nail a little more strength, especially since I am on a bowling league and I wouldn't want to break any nails!

I also decided to paint a different design on each nail just to have some fun. The color blocks on both thumbs was done with some striping tape that I removed after I had painted in the blocks. The other designs were done with either a dotting tool or striping polish. I used a variety of pinks for the designs, I just went through my polish stash and looked for bright pinks that would stand out on my nails.

I've had this on my nails for the week but with the end of October coming up, it's just about time for a Halloween manicure.  Please check back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment